Following the introduction of the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) we have decided to send all future e-mails which contain personal and/or potentially sensitive data in an encrypted format. This is to ensure greater security of your personal information but the impact on you will be minimal.
E-mails you receive from us, that we consider contain personal and/or sensitive data, will now initially look like this in your Inbox:
In order to read our message and to access any attachments, you will need to:
- Click on Read my message in the e-mail you will have received.
- You will then have the option to view in Web Browser or download the Mailock App.
- You will need to complete a very simple sign-in procedure – You will only need to do this once!
- You will then be asked a security question which has been set by us to identify that you are the intended recipient – You will also only need to do this periodically.
- You will then be able to read and reply as normal.
- You will also have the option to compose and send secure e-mails to us, if you wish.
We do appreciate this is an extra step in what is normally a very straightforward process, however, we believe the security of your personal information is of paramount importance.
If you experience any difficulties in opening our e-mails using this new process, please do contact us immediately.
For your information, I will be away on a family holiday now until 27th July, however, Adam and Denise will be here should you have any urgent queries and I will be reading my e-mails (encrypted or otherwise) whilst away!
With kind regards,
Graham Ponting CFP Chartered MCSI